If you're not sure where to start this simple guide will help!
Selecting the right professional for your web design project can be frustrating and stressful. It's hard when you're not familiar with the talent and expertise that freelancers and agencies can provide. But hopefully after you look around my website and read a few of my posts you'll soon be more knowledgeable of and trusting in my abilities to handle your next online project. I make a point of always remaining up to date with the latest online developments, and I share any new knowledge I have gained through my frequent postings.
For sure, there are a lot of talented professionals around that can do a good job. However, what I can do for you is create a website you'll enjoy, that is highly functional, professional, and designed with your users in mind. Additionally, I have many years of search engine optimization experience and this means that I can optimize your site right from the very beginning. It is critical to have your content, URLs, and keywords done correctly from the start. This way, when it is time to promote your new website, you won't have to fix these things; they will be done correctly already. Furthermore, I always ensure that I am accountable for the service that I provide, so I will always be completely clear about what I have done and why, and what kind of results I expect from those efforts.
Research is Important
You're going to need to do proper research before starting your website project. Take some time to look around at other sites and your competition to see what they are doing. Try to find out what they are doing well and what they are doing wrong. This way you have a better understanding of where you fit in. Next, check out a few other sites that you like and make somee notes about them. Once you have done that, you will be ready to talk with your website creator about your new project. We will not duplicate what is already out there, of course, but there is no need for you reinvent the wheel either. Once I know what you like and dislike, I will better be able to come up with the things that are right for you on your own website. It is about me getting to know you, in other words.
My web design process starts with what we call "the discovery stage"
- I would need to have some conversations with you about your goals and requirements such as, who are your website users?
- We'll talk about the research you've done. I'll ask for websites you've looked at so I can get an idea of what you like or dislike about them. This process will help me determine what is best for the design of your website.
- Next, I would look at what you're doing now for an internet presence, and then research what your competitors and other businesses like yourself are doing a good job at, and not so good.
- Then I would come up with a proposal custom tailored to your specific needs.
After discussions and once we have come to an agreement on the structure of the site, I would build out some pages for you to see how your new website will look. At this point, you will be able to make any changes to the design or layout if needed.
Things I'll need from you to start and complete a project
- Your logo and all images you want to use.
- Colors and fonts if you have specific needs or requirements.
- All written content for descriptions, articles, pages, products and such.
- If you already have a hosted or registered domain, I would need login and password access.
If you're missing or do not have some of these items from above don't worry, just let me know as soon as possible. These items on the list can be created and provided at additional cost.
What You Get
- The most current version of the platform you chose. Typically Bootstraps or WordPress.
- Custom web design to your specifications.
- Structured and organized with your clients/customers usability in mind.
- All pages structured and organized for search engine indexing.
- A fluid and responsive web design to work with desktop and mobile devices.
- Coded using the latest in HTML5 and CSS3 specifications.
- Browser tested and W3C compliant.
- Google XML Sitemap.
- Contact form.
- Security plugins.
- Installation and backup.
- User training/consulting.
- Optional offline backups and hosting.
- Optional On-page and Off-page search engine optimization.
My main focus is on using the Bootstrap platform, particularly when I build new websites. If you already use a different platform, I will be happy to work with that, naturally. From my extensive experience in the field of web design and search engine optimization, I know that around 98% of all websites have been created using this platform. Some of the world's biggest names (think BBC America and The Walt Disney Company) use WordPress, in fact. The sky is the limit in terms of what can be created.
The Goal for Your Website
My goal is to work together with you to make something that stands out from the crowd, that suits your particular needs, and that is attractive to your customers. I achieve this by working closely together with you, keeping you up to date with developments and how your website is doing. I am always honest, open, and transparent, which means our customers always know where they stand, what is being achieved, and how the website is growing in popularity.
Over the years, I have built a solid customer database, working together with businesses that have started from scratch, and with those companies that wanted to improve on what they already had. I encourage you to contact me as soon as possible to see what I can do for you.